WHO WE ARE
The Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics was founded in 1982 to improve the health care of infants, children, and adolescents by promoting research and teaching in developmental and behavioral pediatrics.
The goals of the Society are:
- To become the organizational home for professionals engaged in interprofessional approaches to developmental-behavioral health.
- To form strategic alliances with organizations to promote developmental-behavioral pediatrics.
- To design, produce, and disseminate high-quality interprofessional education in developmental behavioral pediatrics.
- To secure the resources to preserve and enable implementation of the strategic plan.
- To promote and disseminate research in developmental-behavioral health.
- To promote high quality interprofessional clinical services, including evidence-based practice, financial viability of DBPediatric practice, and work force development.